Protecting your loved ones in 2013
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service urges East Devon residents to check their smoke alarms.
As the New Year gets under way East Devon residents are being urged to make sure their smoke alarms are in full working order for 2013.
The reminder has been issued by Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service.
Phil Martin, the area manager for community safety, said: “A smoke alarm can offer vital protection for you and your loved ones, but most people simply fit and then forget them – they don’t know if it might be coming to the end of its lifespan.”
He added: “For most of us, there is nothing more important than keeping our loved ones safe and secure. So if your alarm is getting past its best or your top floor is missing an alarm of its own, make your New Year’s resolution to fit new ones, and protect your loved ones in 2013.”
You may also want to watch:
The fire service is urging residents to regularly test their smoke alarms and check the packaging of the alarm to make sure it is still up-to-date.
It also advised that at least one smoke alarm be put on every level of your home and to fit smoke alarms on landings, hallways and in rooms which have an electrical appliance.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 5 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 10 Traders repay public's support with a fortnight feast of fiver offers