Protecting your loved ones in 2013
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service urges East Devon residents to check their smoke alarms.
As the New Year gets under way East Devon residents are being urged to make sure their smoke alarms are in full working order for 2013.
The reminder has been issued by Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service.
Phil Martin, the area manager for community safety, said: “A smoke alarm can offer vital protection for you and your loved ones, but most people simply fit and then forget them – they don’t know if it might be coming to the end of its lifespan.”
He added: “For most of us, there is nothing more important than keeping our loved ones safe and secure. So if your alarm is getting past its best or your top floor is missing an alarm of its own, make your New Year’s resolution to fit new ones, and protect your loved ones in 2013.”
You may also want to watch:
The fire service is urging residents to regularly test their smoke alarms and check the packaging of the alarm to make sure it is still up-to-date.
It also advised that at least one smoke alarm be put on every level of your home and to fit smoke alarms on landings, hallways and in rooms which have an electrical appliance.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 9 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis