Proud dad fundraising for unit that saved his twins
Proud Honiton dad of twins is on fundraising drive for neo-natal unit.
Born 16 weeks early, the baby boys needed round the clock care from specialists in the neo-natal unit at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
Kenzie and Kaiden are now at home, but it was touch and go at times - especially for the younger twin, Kaiden.
Now two, he is still being fed by tube and needs oxygen.
The Wood family are planning a major fundraising event to support the neo-natal unit and they want as many people as possible to get behind the cause.
You may also want to watch:
A football match, featuring The Legends, made up of former Exeter City players, and fun day will take place at Feniton Football and Cricket Club from 10am to 4pm on Sunday, August 1.
Mr Wood, 29, who is the co-ordinator of the five-a-side football league in Sidmouth, is to play against The Legends with his team, S.B.C.UNIT(ED).
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 3 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 8 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 9 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
In the meantime, the players’ wives and girlfriends have embarked on a sponsored diet and have, so far, raised around �600.
“We held an evening disco last year and raised money for the unit, but wanted to do something bigger,” Mr Wood told the Midweek Herald.
“Entry to the fun day and football match will be by donation and a free programme will be available.”
Select Windows and Moshulu Colours have agreed to sponsor the event.
Entertainment is being provided by Honiton Gym Club and Galaxy Majorettes, although Mr Wood is keen to attract some cheerleaders, a compere and other entertainers.
Ice creams, a hog roast, face painting, bouncy castle, soft boxing, a soft play area and penalty competition are among the attractions already lined up.
A women’s tug of war, nail painting, hair braiding, sweet stall and raffle also feature in the programme.
If you would like to support the event in any way, email Mr Wood - firstname.lastname@example.org