Public events to outline EDDC relocation
Planning application for purpose-built accommodation in Honiton will be submitted on August 17.
East Devon residents will be able to find out more about the district council’s proposed move to Honiton during a series of public communication events next month.
The events - all in Sidmouth - are to take place before a proposed outline planning application for purpose-built accommodation is submitted on August 17.
This application is likely to be considered by councillors on November 16.
Councillor Paul Diviani, the council’s leader, said: “We know that there is a lot of interest in this proposal. There are many who are sceptical about the rationale for the move whilst some oppose our ideas. We want to give this a good public airing so that we can have a two – way discussion about the proposal.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to ensure that people understand why we think the move is the best option and what the advantages would be. We also want people to know their concerns will be heard and considered.”
“We know that what we are proposing is for the right reasons and that, handled well, it can be good for everyone in East Devon, including Sidmouth. We want to ensure that people understand those reasons and are confidant of our determination that this should be handled properly.”
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 5 Honiton golfers braving the changing conditions
- 6 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 7 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Lyme Regis Gig Club end season in style
- 10 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
The council says the move will go ahead only if the council can cover its costs through releasing the site at Knowle for a suitable type and scale of redevelopment.
A range of independent surveys will be made available as part of the formal planning process.
The events will take place on Tuesday, July 10, and Saturday, July 14, in the Market Square at Sidmouth – from 9am to 11am
The third event will take place on Tuesday, July 17, at Stowford Community Centre – from 6pm to 8pm