Golf tournament helps Axminster’s Flamingo Pool stay afloat
- Credit: Archant
Axminster’s Flamingo Pool has been facing a major challenge to keep financially afloat.
A spokeswoman said: “Without our dedicated team it would not have been possible - they have worked long and hard under extremely difficult circumstance and we thank them for their unstilted efforts.
“We would like to thank everyone who has contributed so generously to the Crowdfunding site. This has been a lifeline for us.
“Although we are not out of the woods yet with the community’s goodwill we will do our very best to keep the pool open.
“To make a donation there are full details on the website, along with information on Covid restrictions and time tables. Or call 01297 35800.
You may also want to watch:
“Even with Covid restrictions we were able to hold our fifth charity golf day raising £1,472.
“We were sponsored by BRIDEC and thank them for their generosity.
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 4 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 5 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 6 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 7 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 8 UPDATE: Man dies after 'serious accident' on A30
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
“We also thank Lyme Regis Golf Club for hosting the event.”
The winners of the contest were Roger Turner, Ray Shiners and Keith Gibson.
Flamingo Pool, a registered self-funding charity, is constantly looking for new members to join the committee - contact manager Steve Buxton on 01297 35800.