‘Puma-like’ beast spotted in field near Axminster
Walker Allan Griffin is convinced the animal he photographed was no mild mannered moggy
IS this the picture of a powerful puma-like creature stalking its prey in grassland near Axminster - or simply a domestic cat lazing in the summer sunshine.
Walker Allan Griffin is convinced the animal in his photograph is no mild mannered moggy.
He snapped the “black beast” while visiting Burrow Farm Gardens, with his wife Lesley.
“It was definitely not a domestic cat – we were about 100 feet away from it when I took the picture,” he said.
“We could both tell this was a large animal . It had a broad head with snub nose and green eyes.
“I quickly gabbed the camera and started walking towards it when my wife caught my arm and said ‘don’t go near’.
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 3 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 4 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 7 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 8 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 9 Vanity Fair play to be performed at the Beehive
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
“I took two or three paces forward and within two seconds it had got up, spun around and shot off.”
Mr Griffin said workmen were cutting grass nearby and he believes the animal had been distracted by the noise of the lawnmower, which enabled him to get as close as he did.
He added; “One of the men said he saw the animal, too, and had never seen something that big before.”
“It was the size of a puma or even a black leopard.”
Mr Griffin, a financial consultant based in Taunton, is keen to know exactly what the animal was and would like to hear from any Midweek Herald reader who can help him identify it.
Leave your comments here