‘Put boy racers in the dock’
Pensioner says penalty notice is not enough to deter anti-social driving.
Let boy racers learn some manners in court.
That’s the view of a Colyton pensioner, who found this week’s front page story an all too familiar tale.
The woman, who asked not to be named, said: “We get a car with an illegal exhaust coming through Colyton quite frequently.
“You can hear the car travel through the town, turn around and roar back again.
You may also want to watch:
“If the driver can afford to hurtle around the countryside burning up fuel like that, they can afford to learn some manners in court.”
The pensioner doesn’t think a fixed penalty notice is a tough enough punishment.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 3 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 6 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 7 Judith is miles ahead in climate change action campaign
- 8 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 9 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
“At the moment, these drivers are laughing all the way to the petrol station,” she said.