QS wants to stay in Honiton
A HONITON store says it is keen to stay in the town, despite placing closing down posters in its windows.
QS, in Lace Walk, revealed last week that is had decided not to renew its lease.
But a spokeswoman for the national business said they were in the negotiation stage with the landlord.
She said: “We are extremely keen to remain in Honiton and are confident that we will continue to provide the town with a great fashion store.”
Store staff told the Midweek Herald last week that all they knew was that the lease was up for renewal and they were unable to comment further.
You may also want to watch:
Chamber of Commerce chairman Colin Wright said he feared the closure of the shop in the town centre could have a knock-on affect on business in the area.
- 1 Ultra marathon victory for Axe Valley Runner
- 2 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 3 Roadmap out of pandemic cheers Charter Day organisers
- 4 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 5 Bikes and bakes: Grace and Lily are inspired by Captain Tom
- 6 Have your say on future development of village
- 7 Good to see the Chiefs' stars get their Lions' share for coveted tour
- 8 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 9 Vaccine does work against Indian variant, says health secretary
- 10 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed