QS wants to stay in Honiton
A HONITON store says it is keen to stay in the town, despite placing closing down posters in its windows.
QS, in Lace Walk, revealed last week that is had decided not to renew its lease.
But a spokeswoman for the national business said they were in the negotiation stage with the landlord.
She said: “We are extremely keen to remain in Honiton and are confident that we will continue to provide the town with a great fashion store.”
Store staff told the Midweek Herald last week that all they knew was that the lease was up for renewal and they were unable to comment further.
You may also want to watch:
Chamber of Commerce chairman Colin Wright said he feared the closure of the shop in the town centre could have a knock-on affect on business in the area.
- 1 New independent store opens in town's high street
- 2 An unacceptable imposition on hard-working councillors
- 3 Exeter Science Park builds back greener with space for 100 new jobs
- 4 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 5 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 6 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 7 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 8 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 9 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 10 Flower show is back after two-year break