QS wants to stay in Honiton
A HONITON store says it is keen to stay in the town, despite placing closing down posters in its windows.
QS, in Lace Walk, revealed last week that is had decided not to renew its lease.
But a spokeswoman for the national business said they were in the negotiation stage with the landlord.
She said: “We are extremely keen to remain in Honiton and are confident that we will continue to provide the town with a great fashion store.”
Store staff told the Midweek Herald last week that all they knew was that the lease was up for renewal and they were unable to comment further.
You may also want to watch:
Chamber of Commerce chairman Colin Wright said he feared the closure of the shop in the town centre could have a knock-on affect on business in the area.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020