Quake felt in Honiton
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Did the earth shake for you?
An earthquake in the Bristol channel has been felt in Honiton and Axminster.
Streamers Meadows resident Terry Jankowski told the Midweek Herald that her large wardrobe started juddering at around 1.20pm today (Thursday) when the earthquake hit.
There were also reports of the quake being felt in Axminster.
“I was up in my bedroom having a bit of lunch when suddenly my big three-door wardrobe started vibrating.
You may also want to watch:
“It went on a little while.”
She added: “The whole thing juddered. It was the weirdest thing.”
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 9 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
However, it didn’t seem to bother her Cavalier King Charles spaniel Benji, who was fast asleep when the quake hit. Terry says that an hour before the earthquake hit Benji, who is usually a quiet dog, kept letting out a strange bark.
The 4.1 magnitude earthquake was felt in Exmouth, Dartmoor, Bristol, Taunton, Swansea, Llanelli, Barnstaple, Gloucester, South Molton.
The epicentre of this earthquake was approximately 18 km north of Ilfracombe and around 30 km southwest of Swansea in South Wales.
Did you feel the quake? Email firstname.lastname@example.org