Queen honours Honiton man
A HONITON man has been awarded the Conspicuous Sevice Medal in the Queen s Birthday Honours List.
A HONITON man has been awarded the Conspicuous Sevice Medal in the Queen's Birthday Honours List.
Lieutenant Commander Peter Foster, 45, a former pupil of Honiton Primary School and The King's School, Ottery St Mary, is currently serving in the Royal Australian Navy.
He transferred to Australia, where he was recently promoted to commander level, after serving in the Royal Navy.
Mr Foster will receive the award from the Queen's representative in Australia. He is married with two daughters.
You may also want to watch:
The award is being presented for Mr Foster's devotion to duty as the marine engineering officer aboard HMAS Arunta's period as a training ship.
- 1 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 4 Property of the Week: The Manse, Seaton
- 5 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 6 Keeping in time with the rest of the country
- 7 British Legion branch appeals for help to avoid closure
- 8 Town group marks national u3a day in style
- 9 Summer has arrived at Honiton Golf Club
- 10 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes