Queen honours Honiton man
A HONITON man has been awarded the Conspicuous Sevice Medal in the Queen s Birthday Honours List.
A HONITON man has been awarded the Conspicuous Sevice Medal in the Queen's Birthday Honours List.
Lieutenant Commander Peter Foster, 45, a former pupil of Honiton Primary School and The King's School, Ottery St Mary, is currently serving in the Royal Australian Navy.
He transferred to Australia, where he was recently promoted to commander level, after serving in the Royal Navy.
Mr Foster will receive the award from the Queen's representative in Australia. He is married with two daughters.
The award is being presented for Mr Foster's devotion to duty as the marine engineering officer aboard HMAS Arunta's period as a training ship.
- 1 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 2 Upheaval at Honiton Town Council as six members walk out of meeting and resign
- 3 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'
- 4 Sophie sacrifices waist-length hair for charity
- 5 Property of the Week: Thorn Cottage, Stockland
- 6 Met office weather warning for fog TONIGHT
- 7 Chris reminisces on his earliest memories from the 1980s
- 8 Missing 21 year old from Honiton FOUND
- 9 Four Devon locations make 'worst places to live' list for 2022
- 10 Looking back on local football in the Devon & Exeter League