Queen honours Honiton man
A HONITON man has been awarded the Conspicuous Sevice Medal in the Queen s Birthday Honours List.
A HONITON man has been awarded the Conspicuous Sevice Medal in the Queen's Birthday Honours List.
Lieutenant Commander Peter Foster, 45, a former pupil of Honiton Primary School and The King's School, Ottery St Mary, is currently serving in the Royal Australian Navy.
He transferred to Australia, where he was recently promoted to commander level, after serving in the Royal Navy.
Mr Foster will receive the award from the Queen's representative in Australia. He is married with two daughters.
You may also want to watch:
The award is being presented for Mr Foster's devotion to duty as the marine engineering officer aboard HMAS Arunta's period as a training ship.
- 1 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 2 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 3 Seaton Gateway opens after revamp
- 4 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket
- 5 Killerton Christmas countdown
- 6 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 7 Dark day for Millwey Rise
- 8 Pink and blue on the Honiton greens
- 9 Hundreds of bikers rev up to raise funds for life savers
- 10 Lottery millionaire helps support big beach clean-up