Rags to riches bid for centre
Call for unwanted clothes to turn into cash.
The Beehive Fund-raising Group is calling on the public to have a spring clean and donate any old or unwanted clothes, shoes or bedding to be turned into cash.
More than �3,600 has already been raised for the community centre and this latest venture aims to raise hundreds more.
Other items, such as curtains and handbags, can also be donated.
Bags of clothing can be left at the town council offices in New Street on any weekday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, a member of the fund-raising group can arrange to collect the bags from your home.
For more information call Councillor Sharon Pavey on 07740973990.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 5 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 10 Traders repay public's support with a fortnight feast of fiver offers