Rags to riches bid for centre
Call for unwanted clothes to turn into cash.
The Beehive Fund-raising Group is calling on the public to have a spring clean and donate any old or unwanted clothes, shoes or bedding to be turned into cash.
More than �3,600 has already been raised for the community centre and this latest venture aims to raise hundreds more.
Other items, such as curtains and handbags, can also be donated.
Bags of clothing can be left at the town council offices in New Street on any weekday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, a member of the fund-raising group can arrange to collect the bags from your home.
For more information call Councillor Sharon Pavey on 07740973990.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public