Rags to riches bid for centre
Call for unwanted clothes to turn into cash.
The Beehive Fund-raising Group is calling on the public to have a spring clean and donate any old or unwanted clothes, shoes or bedding to be turned into cash.
More than �3,600 has already been raised for the community centre and this latest venture aims to raise hundreds more.
Other items, such as curtains and handbags, can also be donated.
Bags of clothing can be left at the town council offices in New Street on any weekday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, a member of the fund-raising group can arrange to collect the bags from your home.
For more information call Councillor Sharon Pavey on 07740973990.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott