Re:Store Axe Valley continues Seaton Coronavirus Community Group’s local support.
- Credit: Archant
Re:Store Axe Valley, a community interest company (CIC), is continuing the vital work started by the Seaton Coronavirus Community Group (SCCG).
Set up by Ben Tucker, Simon Smith, Carly Dean-Tribble and Andrew Gwyn Davies, the aim of the CIC is to build on the fantastic help provided by volunteers, along with the strong sense of community that has emerged.
SCCG was established in March 2020 to support everyone in the community during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Volunteers assisted those who were isolated and vulnerable, provided support and kept the community informed during uncertain times.
Over a period of 18 weeks, since the community group became established in Seaton, volunteers have assisted the local community over 5700 times.
Now an updated community booklet has been created and is in the process of being distributed to every household in Seaton. It will be available in locations within the communities throughout the local area.
The Seaton Coronavirus Community Group Facebook page has been renamed to Seaton Community Group by Re-Store.
- 1 Caravan left 'severely damaged' by fire on A35
- 2 Aldi seeking approval for extension of former Coop site
- 3 South West warning for drought issued
- 4 Happy Hippos all set for Peninsula push
- 5 Kilmington driver admits injuring woman in Axminster crash
- 6 Honiton history: Four generations of the Hussey family auctions
- 7 Outdoor fire in Lyme Regis
- 8 Seaton ladies storm into semi-finals of Top Club competition
- 9 All aboard! new halt for Seaton Tramway
- 10 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
This page will continue to keep the community informed and updated whilst still posting regular updates and information relating to Covid-19 and building on what has been established.