Record entry hopes for Lyme Lunge
Hardy souls wanted to take a dip in the briny
LYME Regis Rotary Club is inviting hardy souls to join them for another dip in the briny on New Year’s Day.
And they are hoping generous sponsors will splash out to make this year’s “Lyme Lunge” a bumper fund raiser.
More than 1,000 people gathered on the beach last year and collections raised �1,300 for Rotary charities.
This year the causes to benefit will be Rotary Shelterbox and the Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance. It is hoped to have Shelterbox, and the equipment that goes with it, on display.
You may also want to watch:
Swimmers are invited to put on fancy dress and dash into the water at 1pm. Much-needed hot soup will be available after they come out.
Sponsorship forms can be downloaded by clocking on the Lyme Lunge link at www.lymeregisrotary.org Sponsorship can be for both the charities or can be for a charity of the sponsor’s own choice.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 5 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 6 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 7 William conquers 200 books
- 8 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
Further information from Rotarian Jim Moseley on (01297) 443170 or firstname.lastname@example.org