Record GCSE results for Axe Valley Community College
80 per cent of students achieve 5 A*- C grades.
Students at Axe Valley Community College have raised the bar yet again and set new records in the process with their excellent GCSE results.
The latest GCSE results show that 80 per cent of students achieved 5 A*-C grades, which is well above the national average.
Headteacher Martin Smith said: “I am delighted that we have maintained the very high standards we set last year and managed to set some new records as well. We are all very proud of the fact that 80 per cent of our students achieved 5A*-C.
“I am also delighted with the performance of our most able students. The number of A*s has risen sharply and reflects the high academic standards being achieved by students at Axe Valley.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Congratulations to students on these wonderful results. They have been a special year group to work with; they developed a superb camaraderie and worked exceptionally hard, supporting one another all the way.
“Parents have played a huge part in supporting students through the challenge of exams. I would also like to thank staff for their professionalism and commitment to providing the very best education for our students.”
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 8 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Standards have risen significantly in key areas with record improvements for students’ average point score, which is up to 465 from 394 in 2010.
There were some outstanding individual performances with a number of students achieving A* and A grades: Kelly Gould (5A*s, 3As, 1B), Oliver Bond (5A*s, 3As, 2Bs), Harry Bailey (5A*s, 1A, 3Cs), Alice Doherty (4A*s, 4As, 2Bs), Bethany Richards (4A*s, 3As, 2Bs), Emma Tristram (3A*s, 3As and 3Bs), Emily Tredrea (3A*s, 2As and 5Bs), James Morbey (3A*s, 5As, 1B, 1C), Laura Coombs (3A*s, 7As) and Melissa Serle (2A*s, 7As and 1B).