Record sum raised by Lions
- Credit: Archant
Seaton group’s festive fun nets a best-ever £3,958
Seaton and District Lions Club brought cheer to many and raised a record sum for charity during the festive period.
Early in December they entertained more than 100 senior citizens at Colyford Memorial Hall, providing them with a three-course Christmas lunch, which was followed by carols.
On December 14 the Lions held a tabletop sale at Seaton Town Hall, followed later in the day by a cabaret evening at which some 150 guest enjoyed a three-course dinner, with entertainment by vocalist Szara King and comedian/magician Paul Zee.
Although the accounts have not yet been finalised it is anticipated that the two town hall events will have yielded the club with a substantial total profit.
You may also want to watch:
During December the Lions spent 13 nights touring Seaton, Colyton, Colyford, Axmouth and Beer with their Santa float, collecting money for the charities they support. In addition they parked the sleigh for a day at both Seaton Tesco and the Co-op where further collections were made.
As a result of their efforts the Lions collected a best ever December sum of £3,958.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
A spokesman said they wanted to express their thanks to the residents for their very generous support.
Some of the money will be donated to the new Honiton day hospice which is expected to be completed in the summer.