Red Arrows to launch action-packed Lyme lifeboat week
RNLI unveils bumper programme of events on land, sea and in the air, starting on July 23
AN action-packed programme - with plenty of surprises - is promised by organisers of next month’s Lyme Regis and Charmouth Lifeboat Week.
The event kicks off in spectacular style on Saturday, July 23, when the famous Red Arrows will provide another breathtaking aerial display over the bay, starting at noon.
Opening day attractions continue at 4pm, when top chef Mark Hix cooks crab on the harbour slipway.
And on Sunday there is an open air service on Marine Parade.
Other major events during the week include the Royal Navy Black Cats helicopter display team on Wednesday, and the RAF Falcons parachute team will drop in the following day.
Also on Thursday, the tug ‘o war battle across the harbour entrance, between the lifeboat crew and the coastguards, will ensure a soggy end for the losers.
- 1 New management team in place for the Honiton Hippos
- 2 Bestiality video found on jailed drug dealer's phone
- 3 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 4 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 6 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 7 50 years since Ugandan Asians were resettled in Honiton
- 8 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 9 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 10 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
On Saturday, July 30, it’s the bathtub race, and an amazing event called The Red Bull Harbour Reach in which wakeboarders jump the harbour wall.
Details of these, and all the many other events planned, are contained in the official programme which has just been published and is widely available at �1.50.