Reduce, re-use, recycle
- Credit: Archant
Sustainable Saturday welcomes Mrs Recycle to Honiton.
Reduce, re-use, recycle was the main message of this month’s Sustainable Saturday in Honiton
The Transition Town Honiton event in the Mackarness Hall featured community recycling scheme Waste Not Want Not, a clothes swap, and special guest Cathy Karniewicz, Mrs Recycle, was also in attendance.
Cathy was showing visitors how to make windmills out of items that would have otherwise been thrown away. East Devon District Council’s Street Scene were also on hand to give people information on recycling.
The next Sustainable Saturday takes place on Saturday, September 20, and will focus on the theme of Harvest.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in volunteering to help with the Sustainable Saturday events is urged to contact Sharon Pavey by emailing email@example.com or calling 07447 597390.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home