Remembrance Day Parades planned for the Axe Valley
Axe Valley communities go on parade to honour the victims of war
TOWNS and villages across the Axe Valley are going on parade to remember the victims of war.
At Axminster tomorrow (Thursday, November 11) two minutes’ silence will be observed at the war memorial on the Minster Green at 11am.
On Sunday, members of the Royal British Legion will be joined by other local organisations and uniformed groups to parade from the South Street car park to the Minster Church for a service at 3pm, before the laying of wreaths.
At Seaton, tomorrow’s two minutes’ silence will be observed at Windsor Gardens and, on Sunday, at 10.50am, wreaths will be laid at the war memorial before a service of remembrance at St Gregory’s Church
You may also want to watch:
At Colyton, Sunday’s Remembrance service at the parish church starts at 10.50am, with the laying of the wreaths at the war memorial at around 11.45am.
Local uniformed organisations will parade with standards.
- 1 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 2 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 5 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 6 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 7 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 8 UPDATE: Man dies after 'serious accident' on A30
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development