Remembrance Day Parades planned for the Axe Valley
Axe Valley communities go on parade to honour the victims of war
TOWNS and villages across the Axe Valley are going on parade to remember the victims of war.
At Axminster tomorrow (Thursday, November 11) two minutes’ silence will be observed at the war memorial on the Minster Green at 11am.
On Sunday, members of the Royal British Legion will be joined by other local organisations and uniformed groups to parade from the South Street car park to the Minster Church for a service at 3pm, before the laying of wreaths.
At Seaton, tomorrow’s two minutes’ silence will be observed at Windsor Gardens and, on Sunday, at 10.50am, wreaths will be laid at the war memorial before a service of remembrance at St Gregory’s Church
You may also want to watch:
At Colyton, Sunday’s Remembrance service at the parish church starts at 10.50am, with the laying of the wreaths at the war memorial at around 11.45am.
Local uniformed organisations will parade with standards.
- 1 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 2 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 3 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 4 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 5 Families' feedback is great after kids tuck in to food initiative
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 8 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 9 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 10 School recognised for appliance of science