Renewed call for BMX track in Honiton
A RETIRED fireman has renewed calls for a BMX track to be developed in Honiton - two years after he offered to help build the facility.
Alan Thurtle, 68, is disappointed that previous efforts to deliver the track have come to nothing.
“My two grandsons are older now and they are interested in cycling,” he said.
“I would like to get involved.”
Mr Thurtle is calling on anyone with suitable land to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
He previously identified land at the rear of Honiton Youth Centre as a suitable site, but the idea was never carried forward.
“I can get the manpower to build the track, but we just need a site,” Mr Thurtle told The Midweek Herald. “It is worth a try.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
He recently outlined his desire to see a BMX track provided for young people at a meeting of Honiton Cycling Club.
If you are a landowner with a suitable sit, call Mr Thurtle on (01404) 47232.