Renewed call for BMX track in Honiton
A RETIRED fireman has renewed calls for a BMX track to be developed in Honiton - two years after he offered to help build the facility.
Alan Thurtle, 68, is disappointed that previous efforts to deliver the track have come to nothing.
“My two grandsons are older now and they are interested in cycling,” he said.
“I would like to get involved.”
Mr Thurtle is calling on anyone with suitable land to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
He previously identified land at the rear of Honiton Youth Centre as a suitable site, but the idea was never carried forward.
“I can get the manpower to build the track, but we just need a site,” Mr Thurtle told The Midweek Herald. “It is worth a try.”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
He recently outlined his desire to see a BMX track provided for young people at a meeting of Honiton Cycling Club.
If you are a landowner with a suitable sit, call Mr Thurtle on (01404) 47232.