Renewed call for BMX track in Honiton
A RETIRED fireman has renewed calls for a BMX track to be developed in Honiton - two years after he offered to help build the facility.
Alan Thurtle, 68, is disappointed that previous efforts to deliver the track have come to nothing.
“My two grandsons are older now and they are interested in cycling,” he said.
“I would like to get involved.”
Mr Thurtle is calling on anyone with suitable land to get in touch.
He previously identified land at the rear of Honiton Youth Centre as a suitable site, but the idea was never carried forward.
“I can get the manpower to build the track, but we just need a site,” Mr Thurtle told The Midweek Herald. “It is worth a try.”
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 3 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 4 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 7 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 8 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 9 Vanity Fair play to be performed at the Beehive
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
He recently outlined his desire to see a BMX track provided for young people at a meeting of Honiton Cycling Club.
If you are a landowner with a suitable sit, call Mr Thurtle on (01404) 47232.