Renewed hopes in bid to save Colyton PO
Long-closed town centre shop could be ideal location for replacement service
CAMPAIGNERS fighting to save Colyton Post Office may have been thrown a lifeline.
An empty shop in the town centre has been identified as a suitable new home for the service, when R D Hibberd’s Stores finally closes, probably on June 22.
The former leather shop, almost opposite – which shut several years ago – is now being marketed by business transfer agents, Everett Masson and Furby.
They say: “An opportunity now exists to acquire the goodwill and assets of R D Hibberd and Son as well as establishing a brand new Post Office Local outlet in newly identified premises, ensuring the continuity of this popular service to the loyal local community.
You may also want to watch:
“With such a sound following, considerable scope exits for new owners to develop the business and build on the current levels of successful trade through the introduction of additional retail lines.”
A spokeswoman for Colyton’s Save Our Post Office welcomed the move.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
She said: “We are very excited by this proposal and do hope that a buyer can be found. It is a great opportunity for someone to come and enjoy the community spirit in Colyton.
“Post Office Ltd are working really hard to find an interim solution so that we still have a PO service while the permanent solution is being found.
“We do encourage everyone to continue using the Colyton PO during this time of change.”
Interested parties should contact Everett Masson and Furby on 01404 813762 or visit www.emfgroup.com