Renovation costing over �35,000 at Seaton hospital
THOUSANDS of pounds worth of building work has been completed at Seaton Hospital.
Seaton Hospital League of Friends provided the �35,466 needed to transform three single rooms with no toilet or washing facilities into two en-suite rooms.
Patients who are admitted with infections can be nursed in comfort as well as complying with NHS Devon infection control guidelines.
Hospital Matron Diane Walker worked closely with the Estates team to ensure that the work was completed on time with minimal disruption to the rest of the hospital.
She thanked the charity for their hard work.
SEATON residents raised thousands for charity during the Festival of Cycling.
Fundraising events were organised in pubs over a two week period running up to the festivities earlier this month - raising �2,244 for Devon Air Ambulance Trust.
- 1 Lacemaker whose skills were admired by the Royal family
- 2 Park is clear winner in top awards for planning excellence
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 5 Compensation to given to Clyst St Mary residents affected by sewage
- 6 7 cosiest pubs in East Devon
- 7 Invest in your home town by shopping local this Christmas
- 8 Come down to Ashclyst Country Fair this Saturday
- 9 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 10 Lyme Regis gears up for its festivities
Fundraisers and Seaton’s Carnival Queen Lara Howard presented the charity’s representative Don Hansford with the cheque.
The charity thanked everybody involved – including The Royal Clarence, Eyre Court Hotel, The Vault Bar and the Hook and Parrot.
A spokesman for the group said, “We are already planning exciting events for our next major fundraising event. This will be a special ‘Seaton Devon Air Ambulance Week’ taking place from August 1 to 7, 2011. It will become an annual event for Seaton. Lyme Regis and Sidmouth have a lifeboat week and we are going to have an Air Ambulance Week.”