Renovation costing over �35,000 at Seaton hospital
THOUSANDS of pounds worth of building work has been completed at Seaton Hospital.
Seaton Hospital League of Friends provided the �35,466 needed to transform three single rooms with no toilet or washing facilities into two en-suite rooms.
Patients who are admitted with infections can be nursed in comfort as well as complying with NHS Devon infection control guidelines.
Hospital Matron Diane Walker worked closely with the Estates team to ensure that the work was completed on time with minimal disruption to the rest of the hospital.
She thanked the charity for their hard work.
You may also want to watch:
SEATON residents raised thousands for charity during the Festival of Cycling.
Fundraising events were organised in pubs over a two week period running up to the festivities earlier this month - raising �2,244 for Devon Air Ambulance Trust.
- 1 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 2 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 3 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 4 Wiscombe Park hosts a fabulous return to motorsport
- 5 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 6 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 7 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 8 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 9 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 10 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
Fundraisers and Seaton’s Carnival Queen Lara Howard presented the charity’s representative Don Hansford with the cheque.
The charity thanked everybody involved – including The Royal Clarence, Eyre Court Hotel, The Vault Bar and the Hook and Parrot.
A spokesman for the group said, “We are already planning exciting events for our next major fundraising event. This will be a special ‘Seaton Devon Air Ambulance Week’ taking place from August 1 to 7, 2011. It will become an annual event for Seaton. Lyme Regis and Sidmouth have a lifeboat week and we are going to have an Air Ambulance Week.”