Replacement bus services launched for Feniton-bound rail travellers over next three weeks
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers travelling to Feniton will be forced to take a replacement bus service at certain times for nearly three weeks.
Until Saturday, November 10, services between Exeter and Crewkerne will be retimed.
As a result three Exeter-bound trains will not stop at Feniton, while eight London-bound trains will not stop at Templecombe.
Railway replacement buses will be in operation for those stations.
The closure was first revealed at the Devon and Exeter Rail Project Working Party in July, but in the week leading up to the closure, South Western Railway have confirmed delays will last longer than initially stated.
You may also want to watch:
Every weekend between September 29 and November 4 will be affected by changed train times and reduced station calls.
Between September 24 to November 10, most services will be retimed by a few minutes and some calls at Feniton will be replaced by buses connecting at nearby stations.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
The trains which will be affected are:
• 12:20 London Waterloo – Exeter will not call at Feniton.
• 15:20 London Waterloo – Exeter will not call at Feniton.
• 17:20 London Waterloo – Exeter will not call at Feniton.
On Sunday, September, 30, the lines between Honiton and Exeter will be closed all day Sunday for maintenance work.
Train services will run between London Waterloo and Honiton and bus services will run between Honiton and Exeter St Davids.
On Sunday, October 7, the lines between Salisbury and Yeovil Junction will be closed all day Sunday for maintenance work.
The normal train service will run between London Waterloo and Salisbury.
Trains to and from Yeovil and Exeter will be diverted between Salisbury and Yeovil Junction and will run via Westbury.
Replacement bus services will run between Salisbury and Yeovil Junction, calling at the normal stations on this route.
On Sunday, October 21, all lines in the Salisbury area will be closed Sunday until late afternoon for track maintenance.
During this time a revised train service will run between London Waterloo and Andover, bus services will run between Andover and Gillingham, and normal train service will run between Gillingham and Exeter St Davids.
Several other weekends in this period have other engineering works between Exeter and Waterloo which will require other changes to train times.