Residents’ association to expand catchment area
Issues affecting Honiton mean residents need an extra voice claims chairman.
HONITON’S most vocal residents’ association is to expand its catchment area to include every voter in St Paul’s ward.
Issues affecting the wider community, including the introduction of on-street parking fees in High Street, prompted the Northcote Lane Area Residents’ Association to make the expansion move.
Ken Sherman, 77, who has been chairman of the association for the past nine years, said: “I think the residents of Honiton need an extra voice.
“What is being proposed for the High Street is ludicrous and, in the first instance, the association is expanding to cover St Paul’s ward.”
Mr Sherman, a retired psychiatric nurse, was a vociferous supporter of the expansion plan when it was put to association members at their annual meeting.
“I would describe myself as a pensioner who wants to see the best for Honiton,” he told the Midweek Herald.
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 3 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 4 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Vintage Sports Cars grace the Wiscombe Park track
- 7 'Something for everyone' as Axe Vale Show returns to Axminster
- 8 Peco propose new storage and multimedia centre
- 9 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
The association is supporting chamber of commerce proposals for a new pay on exit system of charging at Lace Walk car park and wants street cleaning in Honiton improved.
Policing levels, consumption of alcohol in public places and concerns about Honiton Town Council’s ability to fully represent the needs of residents are all on the association’s agenda.
If you would like to join the association, contact Mr Sherman at 11 Northcote Lane.