Residents fear more arson attacks
Heathfield homeowners witness second blaze.
HOMEOWNERS living on the Heathfield estate in Honiton have been alarmed by suspected arson attacks on or near the railway line at the rear of their properties.
A “great crackling noise” alerted one resident, who dialled 999 after spotting huge flames next to a fence.
“It was not a little fire,” the resident told the Midweek Herald.
“I am really concerned that it seems to have happened more than once.”
You may also want to watch:
One fire appliance from Honiton Fire Station was tasked to deal with the latest blaze, at the beginning of last week.
Firefighters were at the scene for around an hour.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 7 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer