Residents fear more arson attacks
Heathfield homeowners witness second blaze.
HOMEOWNERS living on the Heathfield estate in Honiton have been alarmed by suspected arson attacks on or near the railway line at the rear of their properties.
A “great crackling noise” alerted one resident, who dialled 999 after spotting huge flames next to a fence.
“It was not a little fire,” the resident told the Midweek Herald.
“I am really concerned that it seems to have happened more than once.”
You may also want to watch:
One fire appliance from Honiton Fire Station was tasked to deal with the latest blaze, at the beginning of last week.
Firefighters were at the scene for around an hour.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 8 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity