Residents fear more arson attacks
Heathfield homeowners witness second blaze.
HOMEOWNERS living on the Heathfield estate in Honiton have been alarmed by suspected arson attacks on or near the railway line at the rear of their properties.
A “great crackling noise” alerted one resident, who dialled 999 after spotting huge flames next to a fence.
“It was not a little fire,” the resident told the Midweek Herald.
“I am really concerned that it seems to have happened more than once.”
You may also want to watch:
One fire appliance from Honiton Fire Station was tasked to deal with the latest blaze, at the beginning of last week.
Firefighters were at the scene for around an hour.
- 1 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 2 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 3 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 4 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 5 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 6 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 7 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 8 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 9 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 10 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future