Retirement of Jenny Wood MBE
Honiton will be a poorer place without respected librarian.
FOR 38 years she has been the friendly face of the library service in Honiton.
Now, after almost four decades, Jenny Wood MBE is starting a new chapter in life as she retires.
Library users and colleagues, past and present, marked her retirement during a special coffee morning at the New Street library last week.
Money raised from the event is to be donated to Hearing Dogs for the Deaf.
You may also want to watch:
Always friendly and helpful, Jenny was the modest driving force behind a multitude of community events at the library.
She always embraced new ideas and suggestions, and ensured the library was at the heart of the community.
- 1 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 2 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 3 School recognised for appliance of science
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Customers reminded to look out for tax credit renewal packs
- 6 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 7 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 8 Mum and daughters take some big steps to help beat cancer
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
Never one to seek the spotlight herself, Jenny worked hard to promote local clubs and organisations - often hosting exhibitions and displays in the library.
Library users say they will miss her and wish her well for the future.