Retirement of Jenny Wood MBE
Honiton will be a poorer place without respected librarian.
FOR 38 years she has been the friendly face of the library service in Honiton.
Now, after almost four decades, Jenny Wood MBE is starting a new chapter in life as she retires.
Library users and colleagues, past and present, marked her retirement during a special coffee morning at the New Street library last week.
Money raised from the event is to be donated to Hearing Dogs for the Deaf.
You may also want to watch:
Always friendly and helpful, Jenny was the modest driving force behind a multitude of community events at the library.
She always embraced new ideas and suggestions, and ensured the library was at the heart of the community.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 4 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 8 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 9 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 10 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
Never one to seek the spotlight herself, Jenny worked hard to promote local clubs and organisations - often hosting exhibitions and displays in the library.
Library users say they will miss her and wish her well for the future.