Retirement of Jenny Wood MBE
Honiton will be a poorer place without respected librarian.
FOR 38 years she has been the friendly face of the library service in Honiton.
Now, after almost four decades, Jenny Wood MBE is starting a new chapter in life as she retires.
Library users and colleagues, past and present, marked her retirement during a special coffee morning at the New Street library last week.
Money raised from the event is to be donated to Hearing Dogs for the Deaf.
You may also want to watch:
Always friendly and helpful, Jenny was the modest driving force behind a multitude of community events at the library.
She always embraced new ideas and suggestions, and ensured the library was at the heart of the community.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 8 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
Never one to seek the spotlight herself, Jenny worked hard to promote local clubs and organisations - often hosting exhibitions and displays in the library.
Library users say they will miss her and wish her well for the future.