Return of Herald sharks
Editorial team makes a splash for ShelterBox.
Midweek Herald editor Belinda Bennett, reporter Katy Griffin and Di Bowerman, news editor of the Sidmouth Herald, hope they won’t be out of their depth when they take part in their second swimathon in a year.
The team is to make a splash at Sidmouth Swimming Pool in aid of ShelterBox, in October.
Last year, the Sharks completed 60 lengths during an hour-long, non-stop relay and raised hundreds of pounds for a Living With Cancer minibus.
This year’s event is again being run by the Rotary Club of Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor the Sharks, or find out more, contact Di Bowerman on (01392) 888502.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 5 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 6 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 7 Honiton golfers braving the changing conditions
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Lyme Regis Gig Club end season in style