Return project to Lace Walk
‘Now is the time for forgiveness’
With reference to the Honiton Community Centre project... That in these financially straitened times, East Devon District Council (EDDC) did not have a spare �140,000 to give away came as no surprise to anyone .
The tragedy was that EDDC did not at the same time have before them a paper advocating the return of the centre to the Lace Walk car park .
This would have deleted the need for the �140,000, had several extra benefits and enabled EDDC to be seen to be helping and at no cost to themselves .
Since its inception, the centre was scheduled to be sited in the Lace Walk car park and it was only following two shambolic public consultations that it was banished to Dowell Street, but without the knowledge of the need for an extra �140,000.
You may also want to watch:
Now is the time for forgiveness and a return to Lace Walk .
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Devon Tesco stores support NSPCC through grants scheme