Ride out for Devon Freewheelers
Photo gallery: Honiton event, supported by The Volunteer Inn.
More than �665 was raised for the Devon Freewheelers blood bikes in Honiton at the weekend - thanks to the support of The Volunteer Inn.
Darren Parsons and Rob Waldron, of the pub’s rider group, organised a ride out, which took in three counties and, alone, raised �292.
A barbecue, live music and raffle, hosted by landlady Chris Watson and generously sponsored by Otter Windows, made up the rest of the cash.
Daniel Lavery, who founded the Honiton-based charity, said: “It was truly an amazing sight.
You may also want to watch:
“A true sense of pride and passion filled everyone’s hearts with this tremendous show of support.”
Russell Roe drove a support vehicle and Conor Lavery helped to distribute 400 leaflets during the day. Dishing up the food were Shelley Roe-Lavery, Lisa Roe and Tracy Hill.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 5 Honiton golfers braving the changing conditions
- 6 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 7 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Lyme Regis Gig Club end season in style
- 10 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK