Ring and Ride, West Dorset and Axe Valley
A NEW ‘ring and ride’ service is being offered for people in the Axe Valley and West Dorset thanks tot a �60,000 cash injection.
The service, funded by West Dorset District Council, will be available to older people, those who have a disability or mobility problems, parents with young children and those who live miles from traditional bus routes.
The Axe Valley and West Dorset Ring & Ride service will pick passengers up from their home and take them to places including Bridport, Weymouth and Dorchester for just �4 return.
West Dorset District Council Leader Robert Gould said: “This is an excellent service. It means that people living in isolated rural areas where there is no public transport can get out and about to do their shopping, meet friends or just have a day out.
”I’m very pleased that we have been able to pay for this new bus and the new services for the next two years.”
You may also want to watch:
Axe Valley and West Dorset Ring & Ride is a registered charity and is also supported by Dorset County Council. It can also be booked for private hire by nursing homes and other groups needing assisted transport.
To book a journey or to find out more about the service call 01404 46520.
- 1 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 2 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 3 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 4 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 5 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 6 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 7 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 8 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 9 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 10 Clyst Valley park is part of Exmouth to Exmoor national trail vision