Ring and Ride, West Dorset and Axe Valley
A NEW ‘ring and ride’ service is being offered for people in the Axe Valley and West Dorset thanks tot a �60,000 cash injection.
The service, funded by West Dorset District Council, will be available to older people, those who have a disability or mobility problems, parents with young children and those who live miles from traditional bus routes.
The Axe Valley and West Dorset Ring & Ride service will pick passengers up from their home and take them to places including Bridport, Weymouth and Dorchester for just �4 return.
West Dorset District Council Leader Robert Gould said: “This is an excellent service. It means that people living in isolated rural areas where there is no public transport can get out and about to do their shopping, meet friends or just have a day out.
”I’m very pleased that we have been able to pay for this new bus and the new services for the next two years.”
You may also want to watch:
Axe Valley and West Dorset Ring & Ride is a registered charity and is also supported by Dorset County Council. It can also be booked for private hire by nursing homes and other groups needing assisted transport.
To book a journey or to find out more about the service call 01404 46520.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 5 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 6 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 7 William conquers 200 books
- 8 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis