Rising star receives big thumbs up
Joe Blandamer impresses the creative director behind Shaun the Sheep after winning his latest animation competition.
A rising star in the animation world has received the thumbs after impressing the creative director behind Shaun the Sheep.
Joe Blandamer, of Raymonds Hill, was crowned the winner of the Animate It competition organised by Sensory Trust Nature Food and Linking Environment and Farming (LEAF).
The Woodroffe student won the under 12’s section and was chosen as the competition’s overall winner – winning animation software and a season family ticket to @Bristol.
He received praise from judge Golly Starzak, the creative director and mastermind behind Shaun the Sheep, who said: “The overall winner’s entry was very original and making clever use of the sound effects by pig impressions of other animals. I felt the humour suited that of Aardman’s and I hope Joe continues to animate with all sorts of techniques.’’
You may also want to watch:
The success continues for the 11-year-old who recently won a Corti a Ponte International Short Film Festival in the children’s section and the under 16s winner of the first-ever Vue ExeterShorts.
Joe has now set his sights on his next filming project.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
To see his film visit www.letnaturefeedyoursenses.org/letnature/Shaun/animateit_videos.eb