Rising star receives big thumbs up
Joe Blandamer impresses the creative director behind Shaun the Sheep after winning his latest animation competition.
A rising star in the animation world has received the thumbs after impressing the creative director behind Shaun the Sheep.
Joe Blandamer, of Raymonds Hill, was crowned the winner of the Animate It competition organised by Sensory Trust Nature Food and Linking Environment and Farming (LEAF).
The Woodroffe student won the under 12’s section and was chosen as the competition’s overall winner – winning animation software and a season family ticket to @Bristol.
He received praise from judge Golly Starzak, the creative director and mastermind behind Shaun the Sheep, who said: “The overall winner’s entry was very original and making clever use of the sound effects by pig impressions of other animals. I felt the humour suited that of Aardman’s and I hope Joe continues to animate with all sorts of techniques.’’
You may also want to watch:
The success continues for the 11-year-old who recently won a Corti a Ponte International Short Film Festival in the children’s section and the under 16s winner of the first-ever Vue ExeterShorts.
Joe has now set his sights on his next filming project.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 7 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
To see his film visit www.letnaturefeedyoursenses.org/letnature/Shaun/animateit_videos.eb