River Cottage back up and running after fire
“We are now feeling inspired and ready to get stuck into another year of growing, cooking, teaching and feasting,” says Hugh.
River Cottage has announced its back up and running and ready for business after a fire gutted through its headquarters near Axminster earlier this month.
An event space has been created in partnership with River Cottage friends, the Pop Up Hotel and Abbas Marquees, which will contain a kitchen and facilities for the cookery school.
The team says they have been overwhelmed by the support they have received after the fire at Park Farm, which severely damaged its commercially kitchens and 400-year-old barn.
Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, on returning from filming in the South Atlantic, toasted the new event space and said: “It’s been an incredible shock to see the extent of the devastation wrought by the fire inside our lovely old barn.
“There’s not much left except the four walls – which of course gives us hope for rebuilding for the future.
“I am really pleased to finally be back amongst the team. And they deserve huge congratulations for the amazing spirit and determination they have shown getting the show back on the road.
- 1 A-Level results 2022: Honiton students achieve 'amazing' higher average point score
- 2 Full steam ahead for Honiton Hill Rally on bank holiday weekend
- 3 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 4 Exeter College achieve 'amazing results' as students discover their higher education grades
- 5 Kings School pride in ‘resilient’ pupils collecting A-Level results
- 6 Artist gets work displayed at Seaton Medical Practice
- 7 New artist drawing his way around Seaton
- 8 Organisers aren't 'sheepish' about this upcoming Axe Valley event
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Man released on bail after Dunkeswell accident
“It wouldn’t have been possible without the huge amount of help and good wishes we have received from friends, neighbours and our various partners.
“With so much fantastic support, we’ve been able to create a new event space in the field beyond the barn – a stunning field kitchen, demonstration area and tented dining room that will ensure that all our guests in the coming moths have the fantastic experience they are hoping for.
“We are now feeling inspired and ready to get stuck into another year of growing, cooking, teaching and feasting.”