RNLI Lifeboat Week, Lyme Regis
THOUSANDS are expected to turnout for RNLI Lifeboat Week in Lyme Regis, which kicks off on Saturday, July 24.
Events start with belly dancing at The Shelters, in Marine Parade. There will also be a Lifeboat welcoming display off the main beach, a majorettes performance also in The Shelters and tug-of-war across the harbour mouth.
The Red Arrows will not feature this year, but the RAF Falcons parachute display team will be back, with a show on Wednesday, July 28. New this year is the Royal Navy Black Cats, a helicopter display team, which also takes place on Wednesday.
On Friday, July 30, there will be a grand duck race at The Waterfall, Windsor Terrace and a shipwreck and rescue at 2.30pm at the museum.
A grand firework display will take place at the harbour’s North Wall on the final Saturday and events will finish with a fun run from the Marine Parade up to Lym Valley and back again on Saturday, July 30, at 5.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit http://www.whatsoninlyme.co.uk/July.htm
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 3 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 6 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 7 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 8 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon