RNLI Lifeboat Week, Lyme Regis
THOUSANDS are expected to turnout for RNLI Lifeboat Week in Lyme Regis, which kicks off on Saturday, July 24.
Events start with belly dancing at The Shelters, in Marine Parade. There will also be a Lifeboat welcoming display off the main beach, a majorettes performance also in The Shelters and tug-of-war across the harbour mouth.
The Red Arrows will not feature this year, but the RAF Falcons parachute display team will be back, with a show on Wednesday, July 28. New this year is the Royal Navy Black Cats, a helicopter display team, which also takes place on Wednesday.
On Friday, July 30, there will be a grand duck race at The Waterfall, Windsor Terrace and a shipwreck and rescue at 2.30pm at the museum.
A grand firework display will take place at the harbour’s North Wall on the final Saturday and events will finish with a fun run from the Marine Parade up to Lym Valley and back again on Saturday, July 30, at 5.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit http://www.whatsoninlyme.co.uk/July.htm
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 5 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 6 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 7 William conquers 200 books
- 8 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis