RNLI shop in Lyme Regis to formally re-open
THE RNLI shop in Lyme Regis is planning a grand reopening this Friday at 10.30am. The shop, next to the lifeboat station at the harbour, was refitted and refurbished during the winter months. Forty two volunteers will stage an official ribbon-cutting cer
THE RNLI shop in Lyme Regis is planning a grand reopening this Friday at 10.30am.
The shop, next to the lifeboat station at the harbour, was refitted and refurbished during the winter months.
Forty two volunteers will stage an official ribbon-cutting ceremony to mark the opening.
Councillor Barbara Austin, who represents the town council on the RNLI Guild committee, will perform the ceremony.
Shop manager Alix Fairley said: "We are thrilled with the refurbishment, which gives a bright and spacious feel to such a small shop. We have new shelving, lighting units and a new counter.
"Our team of volunteers is crucial to the success of the shop, which in its own way is also helping to save lives. Naturally, we are hoping for another record-breaking year."
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 3 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 4 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Vintage Sports Cars grace the Wiscombe Park track
- 7 'Something for everyone' as Axe Vale Show returns to Axminster
- 8 Peco propose new storage and multimedia centre
- 9 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 10 Honiton Lions run mole mapping day
The Lyme Regis shop came top out of 30 in the South West, with sales totalling �95,000 last year.
Members of the public are invited to the event. Refreshments will be provided in the boathouse. The lifeboat and The Pearl of Dorset will be on show on the slipway.
From March 21, the shop will be open from 11am to 6pm, seven days a week, right through to November 1.