RNLI shop in Lyme Regis to formally re-open
THE RNLI shop in Lyme Regis is planning a grand reopening this Friday at 10.30am. The shop, next to the lifeboat station at the harbour, was refitted and refurbished during the winter months. Forty two volunteers will stage an official ribbon-cutting cer
THE RNLI shop in Lyme Regis is planning a grand reopening this Friday at 10.30am.
The shop, next to the lifeboat station at the harbour, was refitted and refurbished during the winter months.
Forty two volunteers will stage an official ribbon-cutting ceremony to mark the opening.
Councillor Barbara Austin, who represents the town council on the RNLI Guild committee, will perform the ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
Shop manager Alix Fairley said: "We are thrilled with the refurbishment, which gives a bright and spacious feel to such a small shop. We have new shelving, lighting units and a new counter.
"Our team of volunteers is crucial to the success of the shop, which in its own way is also helping to save lives. Naturally, we are hoping for another record-breaking year."
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 7 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 8 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 9 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 10 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
The Lyme Regis shop came top out of 30 in the South West, with sales totalling �95,000 last year.
Members of the public are invited to the event. Refreshments will be provided in the boathouse. The lifeboat and The Pearl of Dorset will be on show on the slipway.
From March 21, the shop will be open from 11am to 6pm, seven days a week, right through to November 1.