Road death: Police seek occupants of red Vauxhall Astra
Male passenger may have tried to help at the scene of a fatal collision near Honiton on August 25.
POLICE have renewed their appeal for witnesses to a fatal collision near Honiton to come forward.
Zoey Spiller, 18, died at the scene of the crash, at Yards Cross on the A30, on August 25.
She was the driver of a Renault Clio that was involved in a collision with a goods vehicle, near Monkton.
Investigating officers are particularly keen to speak to the occupants of a red Vauxhall Astra, which may have stopped at the scene shortly after the collision had taken place.
You may also want to watch:
The car is described as an older-style, five door Astra, with a female driver and male passenger who was aged approximately 40.
The passenger, who put a reflective jacket on (possibly displaying an RAC logo), got out of the vehicle to assist at the scene.
- 1 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 3 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 4 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 5 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 6 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 7 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 8 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 9 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 10 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
Police are keen to speak to the driver and passenger, and are also making a renewed appeal for any motorists who saw vehicles involved in the incident travelling before the collision took place.
“These motorists were travelling directly behind the Renault Clio when it was involved in a collision with a goods vehicle travelling in the opposite direction away from Honiton,” said a police spokesman.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact the police on 08452 777444, quoting police reference 219 250810.