Road works continue on Junction 29
Half term closures for M5 junction.
MOTORISTS are advised that the southbound exit slip road of Junction 29 of the M5 will be closed during October half term due to continuing road works.
The closure will be in place from 8pm on Friday, October 21, until 6am on Monday, October 31 to enable construction work to be carried out safely.
The work will involve earthworks, drainage and construction of gantry bases, carriageway widening and surfacing.
A diversion route will be signed using junction 30.
You may also want to watch:
An advisory 50mph speed limit will be in place on the M5 between junctions 29 and 30.
A spokesman from Devon County Council said: “Work is progressing well and the contractor has so far concentrated on widening to create more lanes adjacent to the A30 central reservation, together with alterations to the M5 northbound, exit and southbound exit slip roads.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
Construction of the link road to the old A30 at Blackhorse, within the former Redhayes parkland, is also advancing satisfactorily.