Rock Legend praises Axminster-made bangers
Noddy Holder presents a top award to Complete Meats for their Ye Olde English Pork Sausages
Rock Legend Noddy Holder reckons everyone should be “crazey now” for sausages made in Axminster.
The former Slade front man says traditional bangers produced by Complete Meats, in South Street, are the best in the west.
And he gave them his seal of approval when he presented the firm with a top award last week.
The company’s ‘Ye Olde Pork Sausage’ beat off fierce competition to win the regional cook-off in the British Sausage Week challenge.
You may also want to watch:
As heat winners Complete Meats received a Golden Sausage Disc and a place in the British Sausage Week Hall of Fame.
Noddy Holder has led the search to find Britain’s legendary bangers. He’s been touring the country since the end of October to uncover that little bit of sparkle that makes for a really special sausage.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 9 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
- 10 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
Commenting on the winning entry, he said: “Complete Meats’ sausage was a real banger! The standard of entries was very high but the Ye Olde Sausage really stood out. It was delicious.”
Shaun Vining of Complete Meats said: “It’s a handmade recipe that I have worked hard to perfect. I am thrilled to have won, all the hard work has paid off.”
* To celebrate British Sausage Week, independent butchers and supermarkets alike will be running events and special offers so look out for special sausage themed menus in local pubs and restaurants. For those looking to experiment with sausages at home, the British Sausage Appreciation Society have launched their new and exclusive recipe booklet, Legendary British Bangers Greatest Hits Remixed, which includes updates on classic sausage recipes, available to download at http://www.britishsausageweek.com