Ron’s Dream - a legendary racing pigeon
Tragic circumstances did not prevent this hen from going down in the history books.
Take a look at this pigeon. It is Ron’s Dream, bred and raced by a former Dewhurst butcher.
Its achievements are legendary and you can find out why by reading next week’s Midweek Herald.
Editor Belinda Bennett charts the modern history of pigeon racing.
It’s a fascinating story, tinged with sadness but also lots of humour.
You may also want to watch:
If only Derek Wilding was alive to read it. His binoculars would be off the skies and on our pages. No need to pace about on a certain roof!
Pigeon fanciers will understand...
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 3 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 4 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 5 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 6 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 7 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 School embraces reading challenge
Photo reproduced by kind permission of Joe Gamlen.