Ron’s Dream - a legendary racing pigeon
Tragic circumstances did not prevent this hen from going down in the history books.
Take a look at this pigeon. It is Ron’s Dream, bred and raced by a former Dewhurst butcher.
Its achievements are legendary and you can find out why by reading next week’s Midweek Herald.
Editor Belinda Bennett charts the modern history of pigeon racing.
It’s a fascinating story, tinged with sadness but also lots of humour.
If only Derek Wilding was alive to read it. His binoculars would be off the skies and on our pages. No need to pace about on a certain roof!
Pigeon fanciers will understand...
- 1 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 3 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 4 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 5 Former Seaton bank to become shop
- 6 Police investigate assault at Axe Vale Show
- 7 Colyton Grammar team wins a national engineering competition
- 8 Chilcotts youngest auctioneer to feature in BBC show
- 9 Neighbourhood plan launched for Broadclyst
- 10 East Devon pensioner given suspended jail for groping teenager
Photo reproduced by kind permission of Joe Gamlen.