Rooting out the weeds
Transition Town Honiton tackle the weeds at the Glen.
Members of Transition Town Honiton (TTH) have been hard at work at one of the town’s popular beauty spots.
The group were last week busy tackling weeds that have grown near 100 trees that planted during the spring.
The town centre beauty spot, described as Honiton’s hidden jewel, suffered flood damage during the recent storms.
A spokesman said: “We’ve been up there a couple of times now to weed the young trees and we’re extremely pleased with how they are doing.
“We have to keep them weed-free for the next couple of years until they are established so more volunteers are needed.”
TTH is currently planning a monthly community market, starting in January 2013, and is looking into ways of growing food in town.
- 1 Full steam ahead for Honiton Hill Rally on bank holiday weekend
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 Tourist blamed satnav for sending him wrong way up A303 dual carriageway
- 4 New artist drawing his way around Seaton
- 5 Organisers aren't 'sheepish' about this upcoming Axe Valley event
- 6 Repair work on flood damage begins at Axminster bowling club
- 7 Nine-year-old launches fundraising appeal to spruce up RD&E's kids ward
- 8 Caravan left 'severely damaged' by fire on A35
- 9 Outdoor fire in Lyme Regis
- 10 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
For more information visit www.transitiontownhoniton.org.uk