Rubbish rule typical
I read with interest and concern the story in last week's Midweek Herald entitled New rules after binman dies.
I read with interest and concern the story in last week's Midweek Herald entitled New rules after binman dies. The new recycling and refuse collection service starts this week in Offwell and it was only by chance I saw the article.
This 'new rule', instructing our binmen not to empty wheelie bins when the lids won't close, is typical of the over-reaction we see so much of these days.
Oh, I know, I can take it out in the car and leave it in some farmer's field gateway!
Would it not have been better to ask the binmen to remove any rubbish preventing the bin lid closing and throw this in the wagon before empting the bin?
You may also want to watch:
At least until EDDC inform householders of the new rule?
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 3 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 4 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 5 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 6 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 7 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 8 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 9 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 10 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon