Running club president to carry Olympic torch
Alan Rowe MBE ‘very proud to be involved’.
The president of Honiton Running Club, Alan Rowe MBE, has been chosen to carry the Olympic torch.
Barber Mr Rowe, 61, is to run with the flame in Paignton.
“I am very proud to be involved in the Olympics,” he said.
Speaking to the Midweek Herald from RAF Brize Norton, where he is undertaking charity work for the Baton, he added: “Anything to do with your country, and representing something as prestigious as the Olympics, is an honour.
You may also want to watch:
“Honiton Running Club is a credit to the town. It has a fabulous youth section and is doing really well.”
- 1 D-day looms for Beautiful Days festival
- 2 Surprise funding boost for animal sanctuary
- 3 Axminster star thriving after groundbreaking surgery
- 4 Road safety improvements on A35 move step closer
- 5 This year's 'beast from the east' is gone - food water presents next challenge
- 6 Action group encouraged by public support
- 7 High tech skills training at former Flybe centre shows how Devon is preparing for life after the pandemic
- 8 Valuable support to help parents help their children through lockdown
- 9 Ollie becomes town councillor at the age of 18
- 10 Free workshops aim to give retailers a boost