Running club president to carry Olympic torch
Alan Rowe MBE ‘very proud to be involved’.
The president of Honiton Running Club, Alan Rowe MBE, has been chosen to carry the Olympic torch.
Barber Mr Rowe, 61, is to run with the flame in Paignton.
“I am very proud to be involved in the Olympics,” he said.
Speaking to the Midweek Herald from RAF Brize Norton, where he is undertaking charity work for the Baton, he added: “Anything to do with your country, and representing something as prestigious as the Olympics, is an honour.
You may also want to watch:
“Honiton Running Club is a credit to the town. It has a fabulous youth section and is doing really well.”
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis