Safe stolen as thieves stage early morning burglary at Axminster sports centre
- Credit: Archant
A safe has been stolen from an Axminster sports centre after burglars struck in the early hours of the morning.
The incident happened on Sunday, May 13 at around 2.45am at Cloakham Lawns Sports Centre.
Police say offenders broke into the centre’s clubhouse and stole a safe.
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said: “It is likely that the offenders entered the area in a vehicle either via North Street and Willhay Lane or Chard Road, Churchill Rise and Brewer Avenue or via Cloakham Drive.
“The safe is 2ft x 2.5ft and has not yet been recovered.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who heard or saw anything suspicious, or has any CCTV that may pick up the incident or anything suspicious in the area (including vehicles) around that time, is asked to call police on 101, quoting ref CR/041228/18.
Alternatively, they are asked to email Axminster’s neighbourhood police team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding