‘Saxon’ Axminster can ‘no longer be called a market town’
Disastrous planning needs to be undone, says councillor.
We can no longer call Axminster a market town.
We must look to the future, enhancing it but not allowing it to lose its friendly nature.
Ours is a Saxon town and in no way do we want it to look like towns around us.
The town set up a group of people under Axminster Community Enterprise (ACE) which, after much consultation, recommended a progressive revitalisation of the town without going over the top.
You may also want to watch:
It is important that we get the infrastructure, such as schools, health, road and rail interconnecting with the possibilities of an in-town bus service.
We must work towards undoing some of the more disastrous planning so as not to trap people in estates in bad weather.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
I ask you please to read the ACE report which is available at The Guildhall and on the town council website.
Cllr Douglas Hull,