Scaling new heights for charity
Honiton fund-raisers tackle Ben Nevis to raise money for the Exeter Leukaemia Fund (ELF).
Fundraisers from Honiton braved the summit of Ben Nevis to raise money for the Exeter Leukaemia Fund (ELF).
David Fletcher, who works at Peter Betteridge in Honiton, and Brian Lee, raised �626.20 for the charity after completing their challenge to climb the 1,344 metre summit.
“The whole trip from start to finish was perfect - the weather was absolutely fantastic,” says David.
“The hardest part was coming down, which was very difficult.”
You may also want to watch:
David admitted the climb was well worth the wait when they were met by picturesque scenes of the snow capped mountains and the panoramic views from the top of the summit.
The charity is a cause close to both of their hearts as Brian suffers from Leukaemia and David’s cousin sadly died from the disease.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 3 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Judith is miles ahead in climate change action campaign
- 8 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 9 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 10 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner
“We decided to set ourselves a challenge and also to raise money for ELF,” adds David. “It is an extremely worthwhile cause and it was absolutely fantastic to raise the money for ELF.”
They also thanked all their sponsors for their generous donations.
David and Brian are looking ahead to their next challenge and hope to complete the three peaks challenge in the slowest time.