Scheme donates a scooter to Carla in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
A Honiton woman who conquered a mountain in France on a mobility scooter borrowed from her friend has been given one of her own.
Carla Salisbury, 59, recently featured in the Herald after successfully conquering Mont Ventoux.
Carla was presented with her scooter by Carol Gilson, founder of the Joe Gilson Mobility Scheme, based in Honiton.
When handing over the scooter, Carol challenged Carla to conquer Mount Everest on it.
Carla said: “People don’t realise how wonderful this scheme is - I can’t thank Carol enough.”
You may also want to watch:
Carol is currently looking for working scooters, manual wheelchairs and electric wheelchairs to be donated to her scheme, as she has many people waiting to receive a mobility aid.
She is also looking for good books and good bric-a-brac to help fundraise for scooter repairs and to buy batteries.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
Carol added: “We rely on kind people to donate things so we can keep this scheme going.”
Anyone who can help Carol by donating to the scheme should call her on 01404 43341.