School choir needs your Vote!
- Credit: Archant
Axminster RC Primary School youngsters reach the final of Radio Devon’s carol contest
The choir at St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, in Axminster, is hoping to end the year on a high note – after reaching the final of BBC Radio Devon’s ‘Star for Christmas’ competition.
Now they need your vote to win.
St Mary’s amongst eight local schools who will battle it out for the top prize.
Each day last week the station’s breakfast show broadcast a recording of a Christmas song by one of the choirs. Axminster’s entry was the carol ‘The Christmas Candle’.
You may also want to watch:
Now listeners are being invited to vote for the winner on the BBC Devon website
Polling opened on Sunday (December 7) and the winning school will be announced on Friday (December 12) on the Breakfast Show between 8am and 9am.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 10 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
They will then be invited to perform their Christmas song at Exeter Cathedral on December 18.
Headteacher, Angela Herrera said: “We have a really great tradition of excellent music tuition here at St Mary’s and we are all delighted that our choir has got through to the final.”
Music subject leader, Rachel Burrough added: “We are all very excited and will be listening to the Breakfast Show on 12th December.
“I hope as many people as possible will vote for us.”
BBC Devon Radio’s website is www.bbc.co.uk/radiodevon