School students go downhill fast
Party from the Woodroffe School improve their skiiing techniques on trip to Italy
STUDENTS from The Woodroffe School honed their winter sports skills on a trip to northern Italy.
A group for Year Ten spent the half term in Bormio, learning and developing their skiing techniques.
Trip organiser, Justin Loveland said: “We had help from some fantastic ski instructors and were blessed with fine weather throughout the trip, making it a great success.
“By day three all the students were making good progress, despite the inevitable falls, tumbles and being dragged up backwards by lifts! Eventually we were all able to ski around the mountain.
You may also want to watch:
“Special mention must go to Jake Williams and Jamie Jeffery for some great skiing, Pawlu Muscat for showing great confidence, Daisy Day for great bravery and Ellie Taylor for great persistence.”
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 7 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event