School students go downhill fast
Party from the Woodroffe School improve their skiiing techniques on trip to Italy
STUDENTS from The Woodroffe School honed their winter sports skills on a trip to northern Italy.
A group for Year Ten spent the half term in Bormio, learning and developing their skiing techniques.
Trip organiser, Justin Loveland said: “We had help from some fantastic ski instructors and were blessed with fine weather throughout the trip, making it a great success.
“By day three all the students were making good progress, despite the inevitable falls, tumbles and being dragged up backwards by lifts! Eventually we were all able to ski around the mountain.
You may also want to watch:
“Special mention must go to Jake Williams and Jamie Jeffery for some great skiing, Pawlu Muscat for showing great confidence, Daisy Day for great bravery and Ellie Taylor for great persistence.”
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax