Scouts' gift to children's cancer charity
AT the recent St George s Day Service, East Devon Scouts raised �316.61 for children s charity CLIC Sargent.
AT the recent St George's Day Service, East Devon Scouts raised �316.61 for children's charity CLIC Sargent.
Every day 10 children and young people are diagnosed with cancer. CLIC Sargent is there for them... with clinical expertise, emotional care and financial support in hospital, at home and in the community all over the UK.
Alison Bull, community fundraising manager for CLIC Sargent, received a cheque for the amount raised from East Devon Explorer Scouts Jamie Sparks, Sarah Bennett and Richard Molyneux.
Alison said: "CLIC Sargent is grateful to have been chosen by East Devon Scouts for their charity collection this year. It is heart-warming to know that the children we care for are remembered by young people who are more fortunate than them."
You may also want to watch:
If you would like further information about young people or adult Scouting opportunities in East Devon, contact Paul Gadd, District Commissioner, on (01404) 44903.
- 1 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 2 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 3 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 4 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 5 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 6 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 7 William conquers 200 books
- 8 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 9 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 10 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery