Scouts' gift to children's cancer charity
AT the recent St George s Day Service, East Devon Scouts raised �316.61 for children s charity CLIC Sargent.
AT the recent St George's Day Service, East Devon Scouts raised �316.61 for children's charity CLIC Sargent.
Every day 10 children and young people are diagnosed with cancer. CLIC Sargent is there for them... with clinical expertise, emotional care and financial support in hospital, at home and in the community all over the UK.
Alison Bull, community fundraising manager for CLIC Sargent, received a cheque for the amount raised from East Devon Explorer Scouts Jamie Sparks, Sarah Bennett and Richard Molyneux.
Alison said: "CLIC Sargent is grateful to have been chosen by East Devon Scouts for their charity collection this year. It is heart-warming to know that the children we care for are remembered by young people who are more fortunate than them."
You may also want to watch:
If you would like further information about young people or adult Scouting opportunities in East Devon, contact Paul Gadd, District Commissioner, on (01404) 44903.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 7 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 8 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 9 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 10 Premier League contract for local footballer