Scouts' gift to children's cancer charity
AT the recent St George s Day Service, East Devon Scouts raised �316.61 for children s charity CLIC Sargent.
AT the recent St George's Day Service, East Devon Scouts raised �316.61 for children's charity CLIC Sargent.
Every day 10 children and young people are diagnosed with cancer. CLIC Sargent is there for them... with clinical expertise, emotional care and financial support in hospital, at home and in the community all over the UK.
Alison Bull, community fundraising manager for CLIC Sargent, received a cheque for the amount raised from East Devon Explorer Scouts Jamie Sparks, Sarah Bennett and Richard Molyneux.
Alison said: "CLIC Sargent is grateful to have been chosen by East Devon Scouts for their charity collection this year. It is heart-warming to know that the children we care for are remembered by young people who are more fortunate than them."
You may also want to watch:
If you would like further information about young people or adult Scouting opportunities in East Devon, contact Paul Gadd, District Commissioner, on (01404) 44903.
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 3 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 4 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 5 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 6 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 7 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 8 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 9 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 10 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon