Scramble for 2010 secondary school places
MORE than a fifth of Devon families have already applied for a secondary school place for their child next year – just days after applications opened.
MORE than a fifth of Devon families have already applied for a secondary school place for their child next year - just days after applications opened.
Applications for a secondary school place for September 2010 opened at the start of this month.
By Friday (Sep 4) 21.4 per cent of the families eligible to apply had already done so on-line - well up on previous years.
Applications close on October 16, 2009 and the allocations will be available from March 1, 2010.
You may also want to watch:
Parents of children who are now in Year 6 in a Devon primary school have been sent a letter explaining how they can apply for a secondary place.
Parents can make their application online at www.devon.gov.uk/admissionsonline
- 1 Honiton councillor speaks out over racist graffiti on town pub
- 2 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 3 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 4 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 5 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 6 Closing of the rinks at Axminster Bowls
- 7 Property of the Week: Castle Hill, Seaton
- 8 Artists collaborate with council on next stage of town's art trail
- 9 Festival fishing in Torbay and Lyme Regis
- 10 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
People who do not want to apply online can contact the Education Helpline on 0845 155 1019 or email email@example.com
Devon's Cabinet Member for Schools and Skills, Christine Channon, said: "Online admissions is a convenient and time saving method of applying for a school place.
"Although parents may still apply in writing, there are many benefits to applying online.