Scramble for 2010 secondary school places
MORE than a fifth of Devon families have already applied for a secondary school place for their child next year – just days after applications opened.
MORE than a fifth of Devon families have already applied for a secondary school place for their child next year - just days after applications opened.
Applications for a secondary school place for September 2010 opened at the start of this month.
By Friday (Sep 4) 21.4 per cent of the families eligible to apply had already done so on-line - well up on previous years.
Applications close on October 16, 2009 and the allocations will be available from March 1, 2010.
You may also want to watch:
Parents of children who are now in Year 6 in a Devon primary school have been sent a letter explaining how they can apply for a secondary place.
Parents can make their application online at www.devon.gov.uk/admissionsonline
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 3 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Have your say on future development of village
- 8 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 9 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 10 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
People who do not want to apply online can contact the Education Helpline on 0845 155 1019 or email email@example.com
Devon's Cabinet Member for Schools and Skills, Christine Channon, said: "Online admissions is a convenient and time saving method of applying for a school place.
"Although parents may still apply in writing, there are many benefits to applying online.