Scramble for 2010 secondary school places
MORE than a fifth of Devon families have already applied for a secondary school place for their child next year – just days after applications opened.
MORE than a fifth of Devon families have already applied for a secondary school place for their child next year - just days after applications opened.
Applications for a secondary school place for September 2010 opened at the start of this month.
By Friday (Sep 4) 21.4 per cent of the families eligible to apply had already done so on-line - well up on previous years.
Applications close on October 16, 2009 and the allocations will be available from March 1, 2010.
You may also want to watch:
Parents of children who are now in Year 6 in a Devon primary school have been sent a letter explaining how they can apply for a secondary place.
Parents can make their application online at www.devon.gov.uk/admissionsonline
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
People who do not want to apply online can contact the Education Helpline on 0845 155 1019 or email email@example.com
Devon's Cabinet Member for Schools and Skills, Christine Channon, said: "Online admissions is a convenient and time saving method of applying for a school place.
"Although parents may still apply in writing, there are many benefits to applying online.