‘Scumbag’ beware - there is a price on your head
Businessman offers reward in bid to uncover identity of burglar.
Angry Honiton businessman Joe Gamlen has put a price on a burglar’s head.
He is offering a reward in a bid to uncover the identity of a thief who broke into his New Street fish and chip shop and stole charity boxes.
The burglary occurred in the early hours of last Saturday (August 27) and has sickened local residents.
Mr Gamlen, who has raised money for worthy causes for years, has labelled the thief a “scumbag” in a poster he has made to advertise the reward.
You may also want to watch:
Midweek Herald readers have been quick to condemn the burglar’s cheek.
Dawn Enticott, of Honiton Twirlstars, has branded the thief a “heartless criminal” and told The Herald: “I can’t believe we have had a low-life breaking in our local chip shop and stealing charity boxes - taking money that was going to help sick children.”
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 3 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 6 Judith is miles ahead in climate change action campaign
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 9 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 10 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner
Police in Honiton are investigating the burglary.
Anybody with information is urged to contact Honiton Police Station on 08452 777444 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.