‘Scumbag’ beware - there is a price on your head
Businessman offers reward in bid to uncover identity of burglar.
Angry Honiton businessman Joe Gamlen has put a price on a burglar’s head.
He is offering a reward in a bid to uncover the identity of a thief who broke into his New Street fish and chip shop and stole charity boxes.
The burglary occurred in the early hours of last Saturday (August 27) and has sickened local residents.
Mr Gamlen, who has raised money for worthy causes for years, has labelled the thief a “scumbag” in a poster he has made to advertise the reward.
Midweek Herald readers have been quick to condemn the burglar’s cheek.
Dawn Enticott, of Honiton Twirlstars, has branded the thief a “heartless criminal” and told The Herald: “I can’t believe we have had a low-life breaking in our local chip shop and stealing charity boxes - taking money that was going to help sick children.”
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 3 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 4 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 7 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 8 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 9 Vanity Fair play to be performed at the Beehive
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
Police in Honiton are investigating the burglary.
Anybody with information is urged to contact Honiton Police Station on 08452 777444 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.