Search launched for new Honiton Carnival Queen
Nominations invited now. No fund-raising involved.
The search is on to find a 2012 carnival queen for Honiton.
Enthusiastic members of Honiton and District Carnival launched their annual search for carnival royalty last week.
Entrants must be aged nine or over, but can be a girl, boy, man or woman.
Nominations must be in writing and sent to Jenny Allen, 7 Littletown Road, Honiton, by June 30.
You may also want to watch:
Just say why you want to be in Honiton’s carnival royal family.
Winners will be chosen by the carnival committee during the summer.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 4 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 5 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 6 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 7 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 8 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner
- 9 Judith is miles ahead in climate change action campaign
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
Entrants must be able to participate in carnival events in Honiton and beyond.
The carnival committee is making an early appeal for marshals to help with crowd control at this year’s main procession in October.
Local organisations who supply marshals will receive a donation from the committee.
Anybody willing to help is urged to call carnival secretary Karen Wilson on 01404 47038.