Search launched for new Honiton Carnival Queen
Nominations invited now. No fund-raising involved.
The search is on to find a 2012 carnival queen for Honiton.
Enthusiastic members of Honiton and District Carnival launched their annual search for carnival royalty last week.
Entrants must be aged nine or over, but can be a girl, boy, man or woman.
Nominations must be in writing and sent to Jenny Allen, 7 Littletown Road, Honiton, by June 30.
You may also want to watch:
Just say why you want to be in Honiton’s carnival royal family.
Winners will be chosen by the carnival committee during the summer.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
Entrants must be able to participate in carnival events in Honiton and beyond.
The carnival committee is making an early appeal for marshals to help with crowd control at this year’s main procession in October.
Local organisations who supply marshals will receive a donation from the committee.
Anybody willing to help is urged to call carnival secretary Karen Wilson on 01404 47038.