Seaton and Beer RNLI branch sponsored walk
- Credit: Archant
Supporters plan to trek from Sidmouth to Beer to support the lifeboats
Members of the Seaton, Beer and District Branch RNLI are set to take part in their annual sponsored walk.
The trek takes place on Sunday, October 15, following the same 10 mile route as the Mayday Appeal walk. It begins at the Sidmouth Norman Lockyer Observatory - postcode EX10 ONY – and goes via Branscombe to Beer.
Registration is at 9.45am for a 10am start.
Branch secretary Wendy Cummins said that as it is later in the year they will be mainly following country lanes and, depending on the weather conditions, some coast path.
You may also want to watch:
For those not wishing to walk the whole distance people are welcome to join the walk at the Masons Arms at Branscombe.
Walkers can obtain a sponsor form and further details by telephoning 01297 23040 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively people can simply join the walk and contribute a donation to the RNLI.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone